High School Choir
Way Over in Beulah Lan'
Arr. Stacey Gibbs
SATB divisi unaccompanied
Gentry Publications JG2370
** See note below regarding part divisions
Kim Andre Arnesen
SATB with piano
Sing On! Dance On!
Arr. Christopher Aspaas
* This title will not be performed at NEKMEA. See note below.
* Our district choir clinician, Dr. Charles Robinson, decided to program two of the audition pieces, and a third piece from the All-State repertoire.
He decided not to include the Aspaas arrangement of "Sing On, Dance On" since he wants Dr. Aspaas to present this with his own
distinctive interpretation and insights, and without any bias from Dr. Robinson.
** Part Divisions for Way Over in Beulah Lan'
When the three-part treble division is not designated with up/down stems (ex. m. 10-16), S2 and A1 sing middle.
When three-part bass clef division, B1 always sings middle (including at m. 117 and 125).
m. 140, S1 sings A flat grace note and high F and S2 rests for the bar
m. 141, S2 and A1 sing the C's and A2 sings the A flats
m. 142 (stems down), S2, A1, A2 division
m. 143, S2 and A1 sing top of down stem notes and A2 the bottom
m. 144, S2 moves up to F and S1 splits on move to A flat and C for opt. notes (like recording)
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!